As we know most of the retail businesses are finding it difficult to survive in the market amidst the pandemic. Are you also facing the same problem? The major problem that retail shops are encountering during this lockdown period is to sell their products in the market and looking at the current scenario, the situation might get worse for them. So to deal with COVID-19 crises, Instagram has launched a new product yesterday “Instagram Shops – A new shopping experience to keep your business going”
Shops are an immersive fullscreen storefront that enable businesses to build their brand story and drive product discovery — all in a native shopping experience – By Instagram Business Team
The users can simply visit any Instagram profile of any shop or through feeds and stories. Then, they can browse products, explore collections and purchase the item- all in a single interface without having to check out from the app.
Remember if you are selling physical goods primarily for your business then only you can set up a shop on Instagram.
How To Setup a Shop on Instagram (Step-By-Step Guide)
1. Check The Eligibility Criteria
|All Eligible Businesses||Managed Clients|
|North America||United States, Canada|
|Latin America||Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Paraguay, Ecuador, Panama, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, French Guyana, Guatemala, Guyana, Martinique, Suriname||Chile, Colombia, Guadeloupe|
|Europe, the Middle East and Africa||United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Netherlands, Switzerland, Ireland, Belgium, Austria, Malta, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Cyprus, Denmark, Czech Republic, Romania, Norway, Hungary, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovenia, Luxembourg, South Africa, Reunion, Mayotte, Morocco, Estonia, Slovakia||Egypt, Israel, Turkey, Algeria, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia|
|Asia-Pacific||Australia, New Zealand, Korea, Japan, Singapore||Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia|
- The business should be located in the above-mentioned market. (Note: If you’re temporarily located outside of an available market (such as for travel), you may also lose the ability to tag products. It may take up to 2 weeks for your account to regain access.)
- Your business must be complying with the merchant agreement and commercial policies on Instagram.
- As mentioned earlier, physical goods must be primarily sold by your business.
2. Instagram Business Account is Required
If you already have a business account on Instagram, skip this step.
If you have not converted your Instagram account into the business account, you must do that first to create a shop on Instagram.
How To Setup Business Account on Instagram
- Go to your profile and, click on the three lines () present in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Business
- Connect Your Facebook Page (Important to create a shop on Instagram, discussed below)
- Add your Business details and Contact information
- Tap Done
Your business account is now active. After conversion into a business account, add in relevant information like store-hours, business profile, phone number and a direct link to the website.
3. Link Your Facebook Page with Instagram
Once you are done with setting up the business account, follow these step to connect your Facebook page (Only Facebook page is required, not the Facebook page shop)
- Go to profile
- Click on “Edit profile”
- Under the “Public Business Information” section, select Page
- Choose a Facebook Page from your Pages that you’d like to connect
Note: Facebook page is required so if you don’t have one, please create one by clicking on “Create a new Facebook page”
4. Upload Product Catalog
Uploading Product Catalog is a very essential step for fulfilling your dream of introducing shop on Instagram. In total, there are two ways to connect your Instagram Business Account with your Product Catalog.
- Catalog Manager – It is the “do it yourself” method which is found within Facebook Business Manager.
- E-Commerce Platform Partner – It serves as integration through Instagram’s certified e-commerce platforms like Shopify or BigCommerce.
5. Reviewing Account
Account Review is an important step for introducing shops on Instagram. Once the product catalog is linked up to your Instagram account, you need to submit your account for review by following the given steps. It might take a few days.
- Open your Instagram Business Profile and select Settings.
- Click on Business and then tap Shopping.
- There will be given ways to submit the account for review. Follow them.
- You can check the status anytime by visiting Settings> Shopping.
6. Turning on Shopping
Once your account approval is complete, you simply need to turn on shopping features.
- Go to your Instagram Business profile and then to Settings.
- Select Business and then tap Shopping.
- Choose the Product Catalog you want to link with your account.
- Tap Done and it’s done.
7. Start Tagging
After enabling the shopping feature, you can now use Shopping Tags in order to promote products in feeds and stories in order to draw more customers and cover more insights thus making your task of introducing your shops on Instagram successful.
It’s time for local businesses to up their game and start selling products online via shops on Instagram and keep their business up and running.
But let us think about some possibilities and discuss it in the comment section – Is Instagram a good platform for selling? – What more features can Instagram add to a business profile?
Information Source: Instagram for Business